Learn how to make better decisions and lead with confidence
This short book includes 13 stories that show you how to think better through powerful management anecdotes.
- How to delegate tasks the right way
- Why you should start with the big picture
- How to classify problems
- How to avoid common biases
- Why you should give clear directions
- How to think like Jeff Bezos and Elon Musk
And much more...
Here's what's covered in the book:
- Start with a 7-Word Life Motto
- Avoid Brown M&Ms
- Delegate Like a Trauma Surgeon
- Solve for Climate vs. Weather Problems
- Leverage Musk's Employee Vector Theory
- Make One-Way Door Decisions for Chernobyl-Type Risks
- Use Guide Dog Selective Disobedience
- Avoid WWII Plane Survivorship Bias
- Motivate Using the Kissinger Way
- Avoid Being One of the 5 Monkeys
- Give Sun Tzu Type Directions
- Mitigate D-Day's Cliff-Climbing Error
- Use Stories to Sell Olives
Each mental model gives you a new way of thinking about how you communicate, manage, and lead.
Unlike specific management techniques or tactics, those models can be mixed and matched.
You can use all of them. Or none of them. Or you can take one and modify it to your own liking.
Think of those models as heuristics instead of rules of law.
A Little About Me
My name is Hassan Osman and I manage teams for a living. I'm currently a PMO Director at Cisco Systems (views are my own). Prior to Cisco, I was a manager at Ernst & Young LLP where I consulted for Fortune 500 organizations. I also write short books for busy managers (7 are Amazon Bestsellers).
30-Day Money-Back Guarantee
If you're unhappy with your purchase (for any reason), you'll get your money back. Simply ask for a refund within 30 days of buying it, and I'll get that processed for you. No questions asked.
Ready to Order?
Click on the "I want this!" button and get an immediate download of the book
1 PDF Copy of the Book
- 1 PDF Copy of the Book